USDA Extends Free Meals for Kids Through December 31, 2020
Effective September 2, 2020 District Wide. Please read this entire communication message. Things are constantly changing.
- Allow summer meal program operators to continue serving free meals to all children into the fall months. We will follow the Seamless Summer Option (SSO)
- During the COVID -19 pandemic, USDA has provided an unprecedented amount of flexibility to help schools feed through the school meal programs.
- Meal distribution - prepare meals for actual student days only. Exclude holidays, non student days and breaks.
ODE will provide updates re: Guidelines and Compliance related to the USDA Extended Free Meals for SSO thru Dec. 31, 2020 - subject to change what may be required.
- Free and Reduced Applications are still needed for 2020 / 2021 school year
- Household Income Summary Form for CEP locations are still needed for LH, HH, WO.
- Verification - still in question on the process of what this will look like
6 Princeton Elementary Schools selected to participate in the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program!
Trò chơi bài chất lượng caoThe Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) provides all children in participating schools with a variety of free fresh fruits and vegetables throughout the school day. It is an effective and creative way of introducing fresh fruits and vegetables as healthy snack options.
Trò chơi bài chất lượng caoGlendale, Heritage Hill, Lincoln Heights, Sharonville, Stewart, and Woodlawn for being selected for this amazing program.
Food Service Department
Trò chơi bài chất lượng cao Good nutrition and learning go hand in hand. Children need healthy meals to learn. The Princeton City School District offers healthy meals every school day.
The Food Service Department is made up of a team of food and nutrition professionals that are dedicated to students' health, well being and their ability to learn. We support learning by promoting healthy habits for lifelong nutrition and fitness practices.
Meals, foods, and beverages sold or served at our schools meet state and federal requirements which are based on the Dietary Guidelines.
Trò chơi bài chất lượng caoWe provide students with access to a variety of affordable and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.
For any questions or assistance, please contact the Food Service Department at (513) 864-1023.
For the 2020-2021 School Year due to COVID-19, all meals will be served as "Grab and Go" pre-packaged items.
Each breakfast will contain:
2 grains, fruit/vegetable, and 1 milk
Each lunch will contain:
2 meat/meat alternative, 2 grains, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, and 1 milk.
*If you are sending a packed lunch, please remind your student that there will be no sharing.
As a reminder, students are not allowed to bring in food or drink items to be shared. (This includes birthday celebrations, class parties, etc)